This is my typical day / routine when I’m home in Denver, Colorado. Having some structure to your day is so important to success. First, you must find the people, places, and things that bring you joy, and fill your being with positive energy. My days are based around fitness, creation, outdoor adventure, entrepreneurship, community development, recovery, and self-development.
I wake up around 6:45am (I don’t set an alarm). I rarely schedule anything before 8am. Upon waking, I read for 15-30 minutes.
I drink 20 ounces of cold water and brew a double espresso with my Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso Machine. I put a teaspoon of honey and a scoop of vital proteins collagen creamer in my espresso.
- I take two capsules of Beam Revive (promo code: EHINMAN)
- I take two capsules of Vital Nutrients CoEnzyme Q10
- I take four capsules of Vital Proteins Cartilage Collagen
- I take two drops (under of my tongue) of Quicksilver Scientific NAD+ Gold
- I take one packet of Asystem Superhuman Supplement Pack (Discount Code Eric_Asystem)
I make a smoothie using 2 handfuls of spinach, 2 Brazil nuts, half an avocado, half a banana, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, ginger powder, Vital Performance Cold Brew Coffee Protein Powder, 2 cups of water, and six to eight cubes of ice.
I also mix one scoop of Live Human SuperBeets in water
From 7am – 8am, I plan my day. I write out my workout (I loosely follow Comp Train for CrossFit training). I plan out the content I need to create for the day.
3–4 days / week, I meet someone for coffee — generally someone new. This might be a contact from social media, someone I was introduced to, or catching up with a like-minded person. I make a conscious effort to meet several new people every day. If I don’t have a coffee meeting, I work from 8am — 9:30am, answering messages, and posting on social media.
9:30 –11:30am – Workout 1
(5-6 days / week — Thursday, I typically stay out of the gym)
Olympic Lifting / Gymnastics / Crossfit Metcons — I loosely follow Comp Train for strength training + gymnastics.
Right now I’m doing 100 air squats and 100 push-ups every day as a warm-up.
12pm – Lunch:
- 2-3 scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, a slice or two of canyon bakehouse gluten free bread
- 20 ounces of water
- 8 ounces of coffee or an espresso
2:30 –4:30pm – Workout 2 (7 days / week)
Aerobic Conditioning — running, hiking, mtn biking, or bodyweight interval training — keeping my avg hr around 130 beats per minute. I like to vary this — 3–4 days of mtn biking. 2–3 days of hiking/trail running. 2 days road running — on pavement. Rock climbing occasionally — for mental toughness!
5-6:30pm – Recovery (every day I do some combination of this!)
- 50-minute infrared sauna session my Sunlighten mPulse Sauna (promo code: EHINMAN)
- 30 minutes alternating between a hot tub (104 degrees) + Ice Barrel Cold Plunge(Code: EHINMAN) (40-45 degrees) — 5 minutes in each
- 10 minute red light therapy session with my Joovv Panel, code: HINMAN
- 2–4 giant glasses of water
7pm – Dinner
- Dinner at home with my girlfriend, and we often entertain, inviting friends over. A typical dinner consists of chicken thighs, grass-fed burgers, or steak (typically filet) from a local butcher, grilled zucchini, potatoes and corn, and a big salad. I shoot for 50 – 60 grams of protein, 25-30 grams of carbs, 20-30 grams of fat.
- 2–3 giant glasses of water
10pm – Pre-bed Snack
- 1 scoop of Beam Dream (code: EHINMAN)
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey and a tablespoon or two of almond butter
- 3 magnesium pills
- In bed.
Snacks / Long Workout Fuel: — I don’t snack often, but when I do, I like: