This is my typical day / routine when I’m home in Denver, Colorado. Having some structure to your day is so important to success. First, you must find the people, places, and things that bring you joy, and fill your being with positive energy. My days are based around fitness, creation, outdoor adventure, entrepreneurship, community development, recovery, and self-development.
I wake up around 6:45am (I don’t set an alarm). I rarely schedule anything before 8am. Upon waking, I read for 15-30 minutes.
I drink 20 ounces of cold water and brew a double espresso with my Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso Machine. I put a teaspoon of honey and a scoop of vital proteins collagen creamer in my espresso.
I make a smoothie using 2 handfuls of spinach, 2 Brazil nuts, half an avocado, half a banana, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, ginger powder, Human Improvement Vanilla Protein Powder (Discount Code: ERIC15), 2 cups of A2 Milk or Goat Milk and six to eight cubes of ice.
I also mix one scoop of Super Reds, two scoops of Armra Colostrum (CODE: ERICHINMAN10), one scoop of Creatine, and one scoop of AG1 in water. I take NAD3 and 6 bison liver capsules.
From 7am – 8am, I plan my day. I write out my workout (I loosely follow HWPO for CrossFit training). I plan out the content I need to create for the day.
3–4 days / week, I meet someone for coffee — generally someone new. This might be a contact from social media, someone I was introduced to, or catching up with a like-minded person. I make a conscious effort to meet several new people every day. If I don’t have a coffee meeting, I work from 8am — 9:30am, answering messages, and posting on social media.
9:30 –11:30am – Workout 1
(5-6 days / week — Thursday, I typically stay out of the gym)
Olympic Lifting / Gymnastics / Crossfit Metcons — I loosely follow HWPO for strength training + gymnastics.
12pm – Lunch:
- 2-3 scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, a slice or two of canyon bakehouse gluten free bread
- 20 ounces of water
- 8 ounces of coffee or an espresso
2:30 –4:30pm – Workout 2 (7 days / week)
Aerobic Conditioning — running, hiking, mtn biking, or bodyweight interval training — keeping my avg hr around 130 beats per minute. I like to vary this — 3–4 days of mtn biking. 2–3 days of hiking/trail running. 2 days road running — on pavement. Rock climbing occasionally — for mental toughness!
5-6:30pm – Recovery (every day I do some combination of this!)
- 50-minute infrared sauna session my Sunlighten AMPLIFY Sauna (promo code: EHINMAN)
- 75 minutes alternating between my Sisu Barrel Sauna (Code: EHINMAN) (20 min) + Ice Barrel Cold Plunge (Code: EHINMAN) (40-45 degrees) — (5 minutes)
- 15-20 min red light therapy session with my Move+ (Code: EHINMAN)
- 64+ ounces of Water
7pm – Dinner
- Dinner at home with my girlfriend, and we often entertain, inviting friends over. A typical dinner consists of smoked chicken thighs or wings, grass-fed buffalo burgers, or steak (we source our grass fed/grass-finished meat from a family-owned regenerative ranch called Wild Idea Buffalo (discount code: ERIC20%), grilled zucchini, avocado, and potatoes or rice.
- 2–3 giant glasses of water w/ electrolytes
10pm – Pre-bed Snack
- 1 scoop of Beam Dream (code: EHINMAN)
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey and a tablespoon or two of almond butter
- 3 magnesium pills
- In bed.
Snacks / Long Workout Fuel: — I don’t snack often, but when I do, I like: